- Leave a Comment
This is a family favourite, especially the sauce combining the flavours of tomato, Dijon mustard, veal stock, garlic and and chili. Beef Stroganoff is traditionally served with rice but since we generally are on a low carb diet I prefer to serve this with vegetables and a cauliflower mash.
- 500 g Sirloin
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mudstard
- 1 Tbsp Sambal oelek
- 200 g Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp, Veal stock, conc
- 200 ml Cream
- 100 ml Crème Fraiche
- 50 ml Madeira wine
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- Cut the sirloin in cubes (about 2 x 2x 2 cm).
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and heat on medium high
- Add the sirloin slices and cook a few minutes on each side until browned but not cooked through.
- Transfer the sirloin to a plate
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and contnue to heat on medium high
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Heat a sauce pan on medium together with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Add the onioin and cook a few minutes until the onion is soft
- Add garlic and sambal oelek and cook for a few minutes
- Add the tomato paste and mustard and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the veal stock, cream and creme fraiche and bring to a boil, while stirring
- Add the Madeira and lower the heat to a simmer
- Add the sirloin and mushrooms and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes
- d salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle parsley on top