Swede Au Gratin
- Leave a Comment
Swede, also called Swedish turnip is a really versatile root vegetable. It has a relatively low carbohydrate content so it works well if you are on a low carb diet. In this recipe, sliced turnip is combined with onion, garlic, chili, cream, and parmesan cheese. Turnip contains much less starch compared to potatoes, so in order to get a creamy texture, you can add some chick pea flour as a thickening agent. It is at least as good as French potato gratin and is fantastic together with beef, lamb or chicken.
cheap inderal Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a large sauce pan, bring the cream, milk, garlic, Sambal Oelek, and salt to a boil
- Add the onion and turnip
- Simmer until the turnip is soft, 20-30 minutes with occasional stirring
- Make a paste of the chick pea flour and cream or milk
- Add the paste to the sauce pan and stir until the sauce has become thicker.
- Transfer the turnip mixture to an oven proof dish
- Spread the parmesan cheese on top of the gratin
- Bake in the oven until it is golden brown, about 30 min